Products represent a Finished Good, what you sell to your customers. A complete Product assembly includes not just the physical components, but any associated items like Documentation, Packaging, Firmware/Software, etc.
Duro offers a feature to let users associate similar Products as Variants. For example, if the same Product is offered in multiple colors, each color option would be a Variant of the same Product. This allows for easy reporting, efficiencies for procuring components for your build schedule, and easy visibility BOM differences across Variants.
Variants do not count against your subscription Product count limit.
The Product view page is broken into 2 main sections. At the top of the page is Product summary information like thumbnails, Status, Description, and Product team and manufacturing values. The bottom section is further broken down into 3 or 4 tabs, depending on whether you have created any Variants:
- Documents - A collection of all document files associated with the Product. This can be any file type, and each document is revision controlled
- Sourcing - A list of manufacturers, distributors, and price quotes for procuring or supplying the Product.
- Assembly - A list of children Components and their respective Quantities for this specific Product assembly.
- Variants - A flattened BOM version of each Variant, highlighting the Quantity for each Component
The Product page defaults to the read-only view version. To make changes, simply click on the Pencil icon in the upper right corner of the page, or on the bottom row of any tab's table.
- Pencil - Switch to Edit mode.
- Variant - Create a new Variant from the current Product.
- Trash - Delete Product. Note: Only available when Status value is DESIGN.
- Copy - Create a Duplicate copy of the Product. A new Name, CPN, and EID value will be auto-generated to guarantee uniqueness.
- Heart - Tag the Product as a "Favorite".
- Export - Create an Export package with this Product.
- Clock - Show and access the Revision History for this Product.
- Triangle - A flag to signify that a change has been made to this Product since the last approved Revision.