Objective: To understand how the SolidWorks Add-in Installation operates and optimizes your workflow.
In this article:
- System requirements
- Latest install file: download V3.4.2 MSI
- How to install the latest SolidWorks MSI
Duro provides an easy and convenient way for SolidWorks PDM and CAD users to release SolidWorks files to Duro’s cloud-based PLM. Gauge system requirements and download (below) the latest add-in install file and begin accelerating your workflows.
- Windows 10 64-bit
- SolidWorks CAD and PDM, Release 2020 or newer
Latest installation file: download V3.4.2 MSI
How to install the latest SolidWorks MSI
The procedure for both the initial installation of the SolidWorks add-in and the upgrade to the latest version, in case you already possess the add-in on your device, are one and the same. If the latter, simply upgrade to the newest version by installing the latest version over the old version on your device. Uninstalling and reinstalling the software is not necessary for this process.
Please ensure that SolidWorks is closed prior to installing the latest SolidWorks MSI. Then, follow the below steps:
- Download the latest version and run the install file locally.
- Open your local downloads folder.
- Use 7-Zip to extract the file.
- In the initial module that populates, click on Next.
- Ensure that the correct folder is selected for the installation, then click on Next.
- Click Next to start the installation.
- Click Close to exit.
- Load SolidWorks and check to see if the Duro icon appears in the SolidWorks Resources task pane tab on the right side of the application. If not, go to Tools, then select Add-ins and activate the Duro add-in.